Your data is safe and stored on encrypted servers that meet the same confidentiality requirements as the NHS.
This ‘Fair Processing Notice’ webpage has been created to give you full details about how your data will be used by the diabetic eye screening programme.
A letter containing all this information has also been created, it can be posted to you upon request should you want more information.
- Diabetic Eye Screening is a free NHS service for patients with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes who are aged 12 years or over.
- The DESP will use the information provided to them by your GP to invite you for annual screening appointments.
- If you require a referral to the hospital eye service the DESP will pass your details to the relevant personnel, so they can offer you an appointment.
- For quality monitoring (including incident investigation) and evidencing service performance, EMIS Care may share relevant personal information with NHS commissioners, external NHS authorities and integrated stakeholders with an interest in the service.
- The appointment booking and screening elements of the service are delivered by EMIS Care on behalf of the NHS.
- EMIS Care adheres to all the same guidelines as the NHS with your data ensuring it is safe.
For patients being screened by EMIS Care for the first time:
If you have been screened by an NHS Diabetic Eye Screening Programme before, your screening record will transfer to the NHS provider EMIS Care in line with a standard data sharing agreement. This is common practice for NHS services.