Our DESP programmes and locations
From rural areas to urban centres, we are based all across England and are able to provide screening services to patients in a variety of different ways.
- Arden, Herefordshire & Worcestershire – our longest standing programme where we started off over 30 years ago. This programme was recently merged and now supports over 94,000 patients.
- Bradford & Airedale – a Quality in Care award-winning programme and the DESP area where we gather the most patient feedback, sampling 1 in 15 patients we screened last year.
- Central Mersey – a mixed screening model programme, where we work with both local optometrists and the local NHS trust.
- Kent & Medway – a head-to-head competitor for our largest programme – with another 94,000 patients cared for – this area uses a combination of fixed screening and self-contained mobile screening vans to reach patients.
- Lancashire – Our newest programme that has recently launched, bringing together the health economy of Lancashire to provide a hybrid mixed screening model.
- North of Tyne & Gateshead – winner of a Healthwatch award, this is our most rural-based programme that is run through mobile screening sessions.
- South West London – we were recently commissioned to run this densely-populated programme. We also head-up a state of the art grading office in New Malden.
- Birmingham, Solihull & Black Country – where we run administration services for the DESP programme.
All of these areas feed into our Administration Centre based at our Worcester office, which acts as the heart of EMIS Care. Here our team provide administration to several diabetic eye screening programmes as the lead provider or as extended back up for locally based administration teams. Our Worcester office is also home to our Quality Management Team, who provide support and business intelligence to everyone involved in service delivery.
Our administration team boast some impressive statistics: